D20532: Proof of Concept: Add double click actions to empty space in the folder view

George Florea Banus noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 5 19:11:06 BST 2019

fbg13 added a comment.

  The actions in the current patch were a few I selected for showcase.
  These are the actions I think are useful to have for the double click:

    "file_new" "New &Window"
    "new_tab" "New Tab"
    "edit_paste" "Paste Clipboard Contents..."
    "edit_find" "&Find..."
    "edit_select_all" "Select &All"
    "split_view" "Split"
    "editable_location" "Editable Location"
    "replace_location" "Replace Location"
    "go_back" "&Back"
    "go_up" "&Up"
    "go_home" "&Home"
    "show_filter_bar" "Show Filter Bar"
    "open_terminal" "Open Terminal"
    "create_dir" "Create Folder..."
    "show_preview" "Preview"
    "show_in_groups" "Show in Groups"
    "show_hidden_files" "Hidden Files"
    "view_properties" "Adjust View Properties..."
    "show_terminal_panel" "Terminal"

  Thoughts?
  @ngraham Do you think it still fits better in the Navigation page?

  > How about going with just double-click for now, but implementing it in a generic enough way that middle-click support could be added in a second patch?

  Can you clarify this a bit? Do you want it added only if people ask for middle click too?

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin