D20525: [InformationPanel] Use the new inline configuration mode

Stefan BrĂ¼ns noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 16 14:28:28 BST 2019

bruns added a comment.

  In D20525#449801 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20525#449801>, @bruns wrote:

  > In D20525#449788 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20525#449788>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > +1, this is a much nicer UI. Some of the text gets cut off horizontally though when the panel is narrow:
  > >
  > > F6771538: Screenshot_20190414_081327.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6771538>
  > >
  > > I imagine it would be even worse in German or with a Romance language. Maybe in edit mode, you can just show the properties and not their values as well?
  >

  > This is probably a caused by the minimum width calculation now being off.
  >
  > I think it is quite useful to have the values, especially for some more "obscure" properties. The user gets an immediate feedback if the property is the one she/he is interested in. Maybe just cutoff or ellide the value, and make sure the label is visible.

  This is actually not a regression caused by this change, although the change makes it somewhat more obvious.

  Currently, the minimum width is essentially set by the preview above, which gives suffifient space for labels like "Permissions:". When you disable the preview, you can shrink down the information panel down to 60 px. The problem is somewhere in the widget stacking not respecting or setting a minimum width.

  I think this problem should not be tackled here.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin