D19311: Add navigation history to forward/back buttons

David Hallas noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 11 18:36:24 BST 2019

hallas added a comment.

  In D19311#445660 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19311#445660>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In D19311#444689 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19311#444689>, @elvisangelaccio wrote:
  >
  > > About the UI: I'd also be in favor of not showing the arrows. It's not just Falkon that doesn't show them, but also Firefox and Chrome.
  >

  > After a lot of thought, I agree. I've reverted the Breeze change for the tiny arrows. Sorry for jerking you around here, @hallas! :( Would you mind updating the patch to the version that won't show any arrows at all?

  The version that doesn't show menu arrows doesn't have a delayed menu :/ There a few paths forward though:

  - Go with the version that doesn't draw any arrows but it is not a delayed menu meaning that the menu appears immediately when you click the back button. Personally I think this is a bad choice.
  - Modify/extend the Breeze theme to draw this button (via some special flag or something) without arrows, even though it has a delayed menu (maybe this should be a general change). Personally this would be my choice.
  - Implement our own button logic, similar to what is done in Falkon.

  What do you guys ( @elvisangelaccio  @ngraham ) think?

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin