D19926: Add Bookmark Handling

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 7 17:17:55 BST 2019

elvisangelaccio added a comment.

  Let's see what the dolphin philosophy says: https://github.com/KDE/dolphin/blob/master/HACKING.md

  Relevant part:

  > Before a feature is added in Dolphin, it is checked whether the feature is mandatory for the target user group. If this is not the case, then this does not mean that the feature cannot be added; first it must be clarified whether the feature might be non-intrusive, so that it adds value for users outside the primary target user group of Dolphin. Non-intrusive is mainly related to the user interface. A feature that adds a lot of clutter to the main menu, context menus or toolbar might harm the target user group. In this case the feature will not be added.

  This is a perfect example of feature that adds value for 'Jeff', but not for the target user group.
  So, it this feature non-intrusive? Currently I think the answer is no: even though the menubar is hidden by default, the space on it is very limited.

  We should probably reserve the space on the menubar for new features that will be actually aimed at the primary target group.

  That said, I still think that a good compromise could be to put the "Bookmark" menu under the "Tools" menu.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin