D19926: Add Bookmark Handling

David Hallas noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 3 18:25:26 BST 2019

hallas added a comment.

  In D19926#442734 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19926#442734>, @hein wrote:

  > I'm not sure the "Konqueror had it and people are asking
  >  for it back" argument is strong. Because Konqueror was also unpopular enough to get replaced by Dolphin and to end up largely unmaintained (although it is still released and available). To me that indicates that becoming more like Konqueror may actually be the wrong direction.
  >
  > The "does adding this clutter the app" thing is also sometimes evaluated wrong IMHO. It's usually looked at in this way: Is the UI now worse than before. But the cost to adding things is also paid forward! Next time someone wants to add a feature to the UI, it has to slot into a UI that already has the last thing that got added. Which is then already fuller, more cluttered situation to start with. In other words, adding stuff is more like a budgetary concern - "should I spend this complexity? I might need it later for something stronger". Because removing things later is almost impossible without a new app. Which is what happened last time.
  >
  > That said, I don't know the user audience for Dolphin as well as the people working on Dolphin more regularly. If you all think this feature is strong or non-niche enough to be in there despite the above concerns, cool.

  I think you have a valid point, and I think it is good that you question if features should be added :D I probably don't know the Dolphin user base better then you, I based the decision to add it solely on the comments in Bugzilla. How do we (as a community) decide on these things? Do we perform user polls? I usually put @ngraham on as reviewer as he seems to be very good at taking the average user perspective, but I don't know if that is enough?

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin