D19926: Add Bookmark Handling

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 2 20:05:22 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  That was my first thought too, but then I tried it out and read through the linked bug report and changed my mind. The Places panel is really for frequent and immediate access whereas bookmarks are more for long-term organization. And you can have folders and hierarchies in the bookmarks menu, which the Places panel doesn't support.

  I could see this being very useful for my mother if she used Dolphin. her macOS Finder's Places panel equivalent has like 50 entries in it--enough that it becomes almost uselessly slow to actually use. If she used Dolphin with this feature, she could keep the Places panel clean and put all of those entries in the bookmarks menu, and actually organize them properly in a hierarchy (which I know she would do).

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin