D15763: Set correct image attributes on directory thumbnail

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Sep 26 10:59:18 BST 2018

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Frameworks, dfaure, anthonyfieroni, jtamate.
Herald added projects: Dolphin, Frameworks.
Herald added subscribers: kfm-devel, kde-frameworks-devel.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Otherwise `PreviewJob` will refuse to re-use cache files generated by the directory thumbnailer.

TEST PLAN
  Noticed that when I had a folder with a PDF in it (which takes a while to generate) that despite the folder thumbnails having generated a cache file, it would not use it when I entered the directory and instead recreate it again.

  With this patch the thumbnails generated by the folder thumbnailer are accepted and previews when entering a folder with few files for the first time is noticeably faster. It doesn't change perception a lot when there are many files.

  I don't have access to the plugin there so I don't add the version information to it. Not sure this could be a problem? It's a bit annoying that thumbnailer KIO duplicates so much code from the preview job already :/

REPOSITORY
  R320 KIO Extras

AFFECTED FILES
  thumbnail/thumbnail.cpp