D15277: [RFC] kio_mtp: Move MTP device handling from kioslave to kiod-module

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 22 16:45:13 BST 2018

dfaure added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> elvisangelaccio wrote in kmtpd.json:10
> Currently the module is spawned by the ioslave on-demand. But imho it should be possible to browse the device using only dbus, without having to open dolphin first.
>
> Can we try to autostart the module?

I don't understand what you mean here. How is a user supposed to "use only dbus"? ;-) Is this really about increasing overhead for every Plasma user (even those who never use mtp) for the benefit of an hypothetical command-line user?
I'm pretty sure qdbus can trigger on-demand loading too, even, since that's done by the dbus server, when using a dbus service file.

In case this is what you meant: please don't load the module at plasma startup. On demand is perfect. And it can be on demand of other apps than kioslaves, in case any app wants to do some MTP stuff (e.g. Amarok).

REPOSITORY
  R320 KIO Extras