D15610: Add "Create Folder" action to default toolbar

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 20 15:39:33 BST 2018

ngraham abandoned this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  In D15610#328910 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15610#328910>, @abetts wrote:

  > Maybe the amount of buttons is not really the issue, if they didn't have labels by default, we would have a lot more room. Thoughts?

  True, but buttons without labels have worse usability--especially when they don't look like buttons until you hover over them, as is the case for ours.

  In D15610#328726 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15610#328726>, @broulik wrote:

  > I would rather like to see a "contextual" sub toolbar below the address bar showing tasks related to the current view and/or selected item(s) like Windows Explorer has it. There we could also place the "Empty Trash" button inside Trash.

  Strongly agree. Alas I think that is a bit beyond my programming abilities at this point. I would like to see such a thing anywhere icons/items can be selected--File dialogs, Gwenview, Folder View, etc. This would also make these views super touch friendly and improve usability for the default single-click setting. See T8187#132928 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T8187#132928> and T8187#139062 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T8187#139062>. The GNOME folks are considering doing this for Nautilus, but I think ours could be even better.

  Should we abandon this effort and focus on that?

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin