Fwd: Dolphin: Close unfocused view when toggling off split view

Angelo Oliveira Jr. angelojr.oliveira at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 21:17:55 BST 2018

Note: I'm re-sending because I wasn't subscribed at time. I didn't know I
had to do it at time.
Note2: Now i'm re-sending because the mail body was too big. :/

Hello!

The Dolphin File Manager acts oddly when closing split view, instead of
closing the unfocused view (which in effect is the one you want to remove),
It closes the focused view, going against to what most file managers does,
if you aren't used to it you are gonna have to still think for some time
before pressing F3 (default split view toggle key), which may lead to an
unproductive and uncomfortable user experience. Luckily I already made a
patch which solves this, It adds a "Close focused split view when toggling
off" to the configuration options and is enabled by default since is what
most KDE users may want.

What made me do it was this thread:
https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=223&t=151449

The patch is a 4 files overwrite and was made on top of the latest Git
today, I don't know how to contribute to KDE apps code, it's my first time
so I'm sending this email, I expect my changes become available in future
versions of Dolphin, otherwise, people who wants this change will have to
relay on alternative AUR/PPA in case the rejection.

The patch is on the following link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_2PEKB6rvXgipqG_BcMocL7B7GBYcITY/view?usp=sharing
Thanks for the attention!