D15278: Close Dolphin if last tab closed

Alexander Saoutkin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 6 01:27:09 BST 2018

feverfew added a comment.

  I think including the patch as is would only annoy the people who hold the close tab shortcut in attempt to close all tabs bar one, whoever that may be. We could also always show the tab bar, to make it more obvious that Dolphin uses tabs (as a Windows user I always used multiple windows). I think the best option would be to add closing Dolphin via closing the last tab as a setting. However, I originally tried to do this, the problem is that when I tried to add it as a setting it would only apply when the last tab was changed (DolphinMainWidget::tabCountChanged) and the change would never show on the menubar until Dolphin was restarted. The best solution for this patch is a setting that actually works, otherwise, if the features is not deemed too unobtrusive, this should go through, even if I may be a bit biased (seeming as it is my first patch for KDE) :)

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin