D15138: Consider all thumbnailers for the information panel and tooltips

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Sep 2 11:01:18 BST 2018

elvisangelaccio requested changes to this revision.
elvisangelaccio added a comment.

  I really don't like this change. At the very least, this patch should have changed the label in the Confirmations tab from "Show previews for:" to "Show previews in the view for:", to fix the inconsistency Mark pointed out.

  But I think we should *not* ignore disabled thumbnailers, at all. If I want to disable JPG previews for whatever reason, dolphin should not think it knows what I want better than I do. (btw, dolphin already ignores disabled thumbnailers for folder previews, which is also equally bad).

  That said, I agree that showing a big placeholder icon in the tooltip is not useful. But we need to find a better solution.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin