D15278: Close Dolphin if last tab closed

Sven Mauch noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 10 08:35:43 BST 2018

svenmauch added a comment.

  I tried some programs on different operating systems and observed that Strg + W generally closes the window if it's the last tab and even closes the window on some programs that don't support tabs to begin with. Konsole also does this so it wouldn't behave differently than every other KDE app.

  After holding Strg + W in Firefox it closed everything and instantly switched focus to my other instance of Firefox where it closed tabs I still needed. Out of curiosity I tested the same thing in Windows and it also happens there. I'm never holding Strg + W again...

  From what I gather closing the window with the last tab if there's nothing left to work with is generally expected behavior and holding Strg + W is as risky as holding Alt + F4 <https://phabricator.kde.org/F4>.

  +1

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin