D15980: Warn user before renaming the file/folder to start with a ' . '

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 7 00:19:56 BST 2018

ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  Now that we're using a `KMessageBox::questionYesNo`, the "No" choice is now just the word "No", which we should avoid. Instead, the button's text should be "Cancel", and it should have the appropriate cancel icon. You can use a `KStandardGuiItem::cancel()` for this.

  I had another idea: instead of telling the user how to show hidden files inside the now somewhat crowded dialog box, we could show it as an inline message using `dolphinViewContainer::showMessage()`. Bonus points if you add Undo and/or Show Hidden Files button to the widget!

INLINE COMMENTS

Relevant section is https://hig.kde.org/style/writing/capitalization.html

> pino wrote in dolphinview.cpp:1586
> "item" here is still a string puzzle.