D17205: Build kio_nfs against standalone libtirpc

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 28 09:17:49 GMT 2018

sitter added a comment.

  LGTM

  I do wonder if we should support ntirpc too though. At a glance it's largely the same finder s/tirpc/ntirpc/. Admittedly I do not know why there are two libs and both seem to actively get commits.

INLINE COMMENTS

> CMakeLists.txt:2
>  ## Check for XDR functions
> -include(CheckFunctionExists)
> +include(CheckSymbolExists)

I think we need CheckCXXSymbolExists here. Since we use and link from C++, whether or not the symbols can be found and linked from C is of no importance.

> CMakeLists.txt:15-26
>  if (HAVE_XDR_U_INT64_T)
>      add_definitions(-DHAVE_XDR_U_INT64_T)
>  endif (HAVE_XDR_U_INT64_T)
>  if (HAVE_XDR_UINT64_T)
>      add_definitions(-DHAVE_XDR_UINT64_T)
>  endif (HAVE_XDR_UINT64_T)
>  if (HAVE_XDR_U_HYPER)

As you are in the code already, maybe replace this abomination with a `configure_file`? 😉

REPOSITORY
  R320 KIO Extras