D16980: Return editable URL navigator to breadcrumb mode when it has focus and Ctrl+L is pressed

Dominik Haumann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 18 16:17:40 GMT 2018

dhaumann added a comment.

  I am not voting against this feature, but I use CTRL+L also in browsers. There, CTRL+L does two things:

  1. it sets focus to the URL bar
  2. it selects all

  In fact, sometimes I already have focus in the URL bar and used the cursors (or similar editing actions), so that the selection is gone. In this specific case, I indeed CTRL+L again to select all. Think of a "restart or reset" of my editing process.

  Currently, Dolphin has the same behavior for me, which is consistent to what Firefox. Also ESCape currently turns back to breadcrumb view.

  Opinions?

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin