D15739: [Places panel] Don't show Root by default

Hazem Salem noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 8 18:32:55 GMT 2018

Codezela added a comment.

  In D15739#356269 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15739#356269>, @ndavis wrote:

  > In D15739#356026 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15739#356026>, @Codezela wrote:
  >
  > > maybe there is 2 alternatives
  > >
  > > 1. remove the icon from devices section and keep it in places section with some icon change in the top one
  >

  > You mean hide the root partition from Devices and keep the Root Places bookmark? That's what I currently do. I hide my `/` and `/home` partitions and use Places to get to those directories.
  >
  > > 2. keep it in the places section but change the label to root or system and it will always be top of all other hd with the lock emblem in it and remove the places one and we need to make the icons little bigger in this  side bar what do you think or i come oo late
  >
  > This confuses me. You say to keep it in Places, but remove it from Places? Keep what above other hard drives?
  >
  > BTW, the sidebar icons do have adjustable sizes. Perhaps it should be easier to find, but if you right click in an area without something selectable (e.g., a section label), you can go to "Icon Size" and change the size to 16, 22, 32 or 48 px.

  i know that the icons size is adjustable i mean make the default more bigger first time u run dolphin this icons is so small "out of the box experience"
  the other thing  i mean we may keep the root partion icon on the devices sections and make it fixed position above all other mounted drives so even any hd mounted the root icons still top
  i hope i explain well
  sorry i know my English is not so good

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO