D15739: [Places panel] Don't show Root by default

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 8 15:56:48 GMT 2018

ndavis added a comment.

  In D15739#356254 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15739#356254>, @ngraham wrote:

  > This argument doesn't make any sense to me. It's still there available via one click. I continue to fail to see how this change makes it not "easily accessible through Dolphin at all". You can literally get to / with a single click. Also, the Devices section only shows //internal// partitions so it's not like there will generally be 15 devices crowding the list. And the entire purpose of coming up with a new icon for the rood partition was to make it easy to pick out the root partition when there are multiple partitions in the list. That change was specifically requested as a precondition for doing this.

  I'm neutral on this change, but it can be argued that having Root next to all the other Places bookmarks makes it easier to reach. That seems rather weak though because it's easy to add back to the laces panel and people who might not want it in Places are currently unable to remove it.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO