D11875: Revive the KLook patch for dolphin

Fabian Kosmale noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 27 17:06:54 BST 2018

fabiank added a comment.

  Oh my, I probably should have closed this. This was more intended to make testing https://phabricator.kde.org/D11844 possible, and the changes from there landed on KLook's qt5 branch. I deem the current Dolphin code not suited for upstream. KLook should probably changed so that it can be DBus activated and QProcess can be avoided, and applying this patch caused a few runtime warnings when using Dolphin if I recall correctly.

  I don't have much time to work on KLook at the moment, and before doing any work on it, it should probably go to the VDG, because its current interface is  less than stellar from a design and usability point of view.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin