D12911: Add 'Sort By' and 'View Mode' into Dolphin file context menus

Mark Gaiser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri May 18 00:41:59 BST 2018

markg added a comment.

  In D12911#264341 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12911#264341>, @rkflx wrote:

  > I already voiced my opinion, but I'm also in favour of arguing with facts on not assumptions ;)
  >
  > In D12911#264323 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12911#264323>, @markg wrote:
  >
  > > But things are going to change.
  > >  The sort mode is going to be in the next dolphin toolbar by default (right?) so the toolbar then has view and sort. Right there with less clicks then the RMB would have been.
  >

  > Source? Currently this is planned for the file dialog, applying the same change for Dolphin would be possible (but needs a separate discussion).

  That was an assumption (the "right?" gave that away) because it's going to be in the dialog.
  Therefore i'm assuming it will (eventually) find it's way into dolphin itself as well as that would be rather consistent.

  >> Windows explorer: doesn't have it (i think, had to search for screenshots as i don't have windows anymore)
  >
  > Windows Explorer displays both entries when clicking on an empty area:
  >
  > F5854187: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5854187>
  >
  >> Does macOS' finder have it?
  >
  > Same thing here:
  >
  > F5854197: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5854197>
  >
  >  ---
  >
  > Given that, the current state of the patch is probably okay (since both entries are no longer displayed when right-clicking on a file). The question now is whether the space in the context menu is best given to those options, or rather to some other (future) entries.

  Ha, great. The two i can't test have it :) I stand corrected.

  Thank you for clearing up my assumptions.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin