D11768: Add Desktop and Downloads to the default list of Places

Mark Gaiser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 29 17:32:20 BST 2018

markg requested changes to this revision.
markg added a comment.

  I don't know why, but i already have this by default in my Dolphin... (ArchLinux user here, i don't think they add it explicitly as they try to stay as true to upstream as possible).
  So, err, don't know why.

  Anyhow, having them by default is a big +1 from me.

  Yet i still give a -1.. The reason for that is simple. Ever since the placesmodel changes in KIO and Dolphin, a unittest for that fails. Fix that first.
  I did have a look at it, but quite some placesmodel magic changed so it's better if one of the authors of those changes takes a look.
  For reference:, look at all the recent builds of Dolphin and KIO.
  Dolphin: https://build.kde.org/job/Applications%20dolphin%20kf5-qt5%20SUSEQt5.9/
  KIO: https://build.kde.org/job/Frameworks%20kio%20kf5-qt5%20SUSEQt5.10/

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO