T8349: Improve Places panel usability and presentation

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 28 14:48:09 BST 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In T8349#135206 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T8349#135206>, @jtamate wrote:

  > Should Desktop be displayed only if Plasma Desktop is configured as a Folder View?
  >  Otherwise some users will save things in the Desktop (as is done in other OSes) and will not see them, creating uncertainty.

  We're talking about default settings here. By default, there's a Folder View on the desktop, so I think it's appropriate enough to add Desktop to the Places list too. Distros that change this (are there any?) would be aimed at super-advanced users where the usability concern is immaterial.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T8349