D11650: Fix alignment of icons in Places panel and Compact view mode

Scott Harvey noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 27 19:33:06 BST 2018

sharvey marked an inline comment as done.
sharvey added a comment.

  F5769823: Screenshot_20180327_131225.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5769823>

  F5769827: Screenshot_20180327_131249.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5769827>
  If we look at the file listing instead of the Places list for more examples, we can see that there seems to be a size discrepancy between the lineart icons and the fully-rendered icons. In addition, a potential inconsistency (?) between capital letters and lowercase letters. Or maybe it's just a trick of perception. Or maybe there's a reason I don't like Noto Sans. ;)

  None of the existing text or font metrics objects have a `baseline` attribute I can use as a key point. I'm hesitant to go digger deeper into the code and making changes, for the sake of a single pixel.

  We might be looking at a case of "as good as it can get", at least without altering things farther back in the code. We've made a 99% improvement over the original state when the bug was reported, and we've avoided introducing any complicated regressions by altering the underlying size & layout calculations.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin