D11650: Fix alignment of icons in Places panel and Compact view mode

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 27 03:46:44 BST 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  Hmm, I still see a problem with 11pt Noto Sans. Take a look at this blown-up screenshot, and specifically, the Pictures item:

  F5767961: blown up.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5767961>

  Also, looking at the raw diff in git rather than Phabricator, it looks like there's a newly-added unnecessary extra tab in the whole code block.

  Nevertheless, if this is caused by an unavoidable rounding error, I'm willing to accept the patch (modulo the requested code clean-up) as it does represent a clear improvement over the status quo for the Noto Sans 11 case!

INLINE COMMENTS

> kstandarditemlistwidget.cpp:1027
> +
> +            // Derive icon's horizontal center from the center of the text frame
> +            m_pixmapPos.setY(textRectCenter.y() - (m_scaledPixmapSize.height() / 2 ));

Doesn't the Y axis adjust the vertical center, not the horizontal center?

> kstandarditemlistwidget.cpp:1028
> +            // Derive icon's horizontal center from the center of the text frame
> +            m_pixmapPos.setY(textRectCenter.y() - (m_scaledPixmapSize.height() / 2 ));

Since `textRectCenter` is only used once, we should probably access that data inline rather than defining a new variable. How about this?

`m_pixmapPos.setY(m_textRect.center().y() - (m_scaledPixmapSize.height() / 2 ));`

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin