D11650: Fix alignment of icons in Places panel and Compact view mode

Scott Harvey noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 26 16:56:31 BST 2018

sharvey added a comment.

  @ngraham: I'm having to dig deeper into this. I can't find an ideal solution by tweaking the calculation I submitted. It's incredibly finicky. `QPointF` returns X and Y coordinates as floating-point values, so there's always going to be a rounding error (for lack of a better term) when it comes to painting individual physical pixels. Boosting `QT_SCALE_FACTOR` to emulate HiDPI mode adds another layer of complexity (but it sure looks pretty).

  What I've got now, even with adding or subtracting fractions of `padding` and other pre-defined spacing values, isn't getting me a perfect solution. I'll keep trying different things and will post an update once I've found something workable. Thanks for testing.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin