D11650: Fix alignment of icons in Places panel and Compact view mode

Scott Harvey noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 24 20:16:42 GMT 2018

sharvey marked an inline comment as done.
sharvey added a comment.

  Thanks for the correction on `const`. It's updated.

INLINE COMMENTS

> elvisangelaccio wrote in kstandarditemlistwidget.cpp:1021
> This comment probably becomes obsolete after this patch?

Don't quite understand. It's still centered, just using a different method.

> elvisangelaccio wrote in kstandarditemlistwidget.cpp:1028
> What about `padding`? Is there a reason we are removing it?

I tried multiple ways of centering the icon in `Y` before settling on this. I couldn't find a combination of icon size & font size where `padding` was necessary in the `Y` direction. The size of `textRect` is calculated with `padding` included, so `textRect` would appear to always be larger than the icon pixmap. Even when the icon is larger than the text, the text frame is always larger. I didn't come across a case where additional padding was necessary.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin