D11334: Disable Create New menu and button when Trash dir is active

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 18 11:26:34 GMT 2018

elvisangelaccio added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dolphinviewactionhandler.cpp:487-488
>                                                                           KProtocolManager::supportsMakeDir(currentView()->url()));
> +    m_actionCollection->action(QStringLiteral("new_menu"))->setEnabled(
> +            isFolderWritable && KProtocolManager::supportsMakeDir(currentView()->url()));
>  }

In theory an ioslave could support creating new files but not new folders, so this is wrong.

As I said, this problem should be addressed in KNewFileMenu.

The short-term workaround is to check whether the url is a `trash:/` url. The proper fix would be to implement what was discussed here: https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/129741/

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin