D11304: Fix bug where dolphin fails to select any item where a path is created using "Create New | Folder"

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 18 10:44:02 GMT 2018

elvisangelaccio requested changes to this revision.
elvisangelaccio added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> emateli wrote in dolphinview.cpp:1340
> From the looks of it the trailing path delimiter is stripped at KIO's KCoreDirLister, which is what KFileItemModel uses to get the url.
>
> https://cgit.kde.org/kio.git/tree/src/core/kcoredirlister.cpp#n118

Ok. Then please let's do it like this:

  const QString dir = QStringLiteral("%1/").arg(m_model->directory().toString());

Also, which dir? Maybe if we call it `modelDir` it's a bit clearer.

> dolphinview.cpp:1343
> +    const QString urlStr = url.toString();
> +    const QString name = dir + urlStr.mid(dirLen, urlStr.indexOf(QDir::separator(), dirLen + 1) - dirLen);
> +

name of what? Maybe we can call it `ancestorName` ?

Also, don't use `QDir::separator()`, I think it might not work on Windows. From the its doc:

  You do not need to use this function to build file paths. If you always use "/", Qt will translate your paths to conform to the underlying operating system. If you want to display paths to the user using their operating system's separator use toNativeSeparators().

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin