D11245: infopanel: Add choice of date display formats

Mark Gaiser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 15 16:24:31 GMT 2018

markg added a comment.

  In D11245#226542 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11245#226542>, @michaelh wrote:

  > There's more to consider. With D10803 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10803> coming up tooltips may be overwhelmed with info when they continue to follow the settings in `baloofileinformationrc`. In the long run we'll probably need separate settings for tooltips and infopanel. `baloo-widgets` has to offer that option of course. (I'm willing to adapt it)

  Irrelevant for this change.

  > In conclusion: I also prefer using dolphin's settings.
  >  But why not also keep it here as a shortcut?

  And why not keep the [ ] Preview? And why not add another handy button that translates your image metadata coordinates to an embedded google maps at the flick of a small switch under the RMB?
  You see where i go here?

  You could keep on adding functions to the RMB which really are just settings.
  The RMB should imho be reserved for opening the settings panel and executing actions on whatever you pressed RMB under. Changing how it looks is not executing an action on it.

  You could argue (and i'd probably agree with that) that the settings panel itself is a poor choice and having a hamburger or gear icon appear when you hover the panel which opens the settings would be more intuitive.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin