D10990: Add "Open symlink destination folder" into symlink's context menu

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 10 19:11:15 GMT 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D10990#222446 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10990#222446>, @rominf wrote:

  > In D10990#222356 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10990#222356>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > Dolphin's menubar situation isn't as dire as it seems, and I don't think it needs a big redesign. Window and tab-related items are in the File menu mostly for historical reasons, same as every other app with a file menu. Not ideal, but convention, traditional, familiarity, yadda yadda yadda.
  > >  mostly for historical reasons
  >

  > It's not excusable.

  It's also irrelevant: one issue per bug/patch. We can (and should, and will) clean up the menu later. For now, let's add Show Original into the file menu, where it belongs.

  In D10990#222446 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10990#222446>, @rominf wrote:> OK. Where exactly do I insert Show Original?

  > Also as for now, File menu always show all actions, it disables actions that are not available (`Copy` when no files are selected, for example). I don't like the idea that File menu will be dynamical (I've never seen this in other programs), but showing "Show Original" all the time is not a good idea either.

  There is a standard UI for this: you add the menu item to the right place, but make it disabled when it can't be used. See also: every other app with a menubar. For example, here's Gwenview:

  F5748677: Spectacle.o26850.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5748677>

  Notice the disabled menu items.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin