D10990: Add "Open symlink destination folder" into symlink's context menu

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 10 05:02:42 GMT 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  Dolphin's menubar situation isn't as dire as it seems, and I don't think it needs a big redesign. Window and tab-related items are in the File menu mostly for historical reasons, same as every other app with a file menu. Not ideal, but convention, traditional, familiarity, yadda yadda yadda.

  The main problem is simply that Dolphin's File menu is missing most of the file-related items in the context menu. Fixing that is certainly outside the scope of this patch, but I don't think it's unreasonable to add Show Original to the File menu as a part of this patch since we're adding it to the context menu. If we don't add it to the File menu here as well, we're just making the existing problem worse.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin