D11118: Show a message if Konsole part is not installed

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 8 14:55:28 GMT 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  +1 on using a KMessageWidget here. They're really nice for this kind of transient, non-blocking notification.

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in terminalpanel.cpp:143
> Doesn't installing "Konsole" imply Konsole part being there? So I would simplify it to "Terminal cannot be shown because Konsole is not installed." - bonus points for using AppStream to open Discover to install it ;)

I think it's safe enough to install all of Konsole. +1 for calling an AppStream URL (`appstream://org.kde.konsole.desktop`), which will show Konsole in whatever the user's software center is. It may not be Discover, since the liklihood of using a KDE-centric distro that doesn't ship Konsole is somewhat low (I guess it's possible on Arch, but in that case, the user probably wouldn't have Discover installed either).

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin