D11135: [WIP] Scale font while zooming

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 8 00:15:59 GMT 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  I'm not convinced at all the text size should change. This would make it impossible to have normal-sized text and choose the item size independently, in particular (but not only!) for previews.

  What's the use case for having larger text? As far as I understand, the zooming feature is for previews and for having larger click targets in the viewport. Text size should be set in System Settings.

  Neither Windows Explorer, nor macOS Finder combine zooming icons and text. To me it seems the reporter does not know about KMag or KWin's magnifying glass, or wants easier access to changing the font size. However, that niche use case should not break the feature for nearly everyone else.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin