D12571: Modernize Settings window

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jun 10 19:13:59 BST 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  The consensus  in #VDG <https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/vdg/> was that it's not needed since the page already has a button to reset everything to default settings. We didn't think it made sense to have an additional control visible to reset a single field to its default settings--but only for that one field. I can move this to a separate patch though.

  > - The checkboxes in the Startup page are not "view options".

  Don't they control how the view appears on startup?

  > - The Confirmations tab no longer explains that those settings affect all KDE applications.

  I can remove that change from this patch and we can discuss elsewhere whether this is a distinction that helps the user.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin