D7700: Show list of tags in PlacesView

Marijo Mustac noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 31 13:53:03 GMT 2018

mmustac added a comment.

  I know this has nothing to do with this patch - maybe I should file a bug for this ? - anyway I wanted to share my thoughts after reading Mark's position and I think he's right. We should not put everything into the places panel nor should it be a sperate panel ... sound weird ? Well ... I like the idea of having different panels for different working scenarios but the static job they were created for is not ideal, altough we can hide groups from the panel now ... My idea is to be able to add one ore more panels which would be just a container which then can be filled with different views / models ? So for example I can create a panel by my own, give it a name and customize it do show a list of tags and shortcuts for my saved searches for example. Then another panel could contain my device list and the default places section and a third one to contain the directory tree. That way I would be able to switch very quick between them, don't need to scroll or reconfigure my panel over and over again. Maybe someone can follow me and what I am trying to describe. Dolphin then could offer some preconfigured panels by default but let the users all possibilities to customize it wahtever they like. Easy by default, powerfull when needed.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin