D7700: Show list of tags in PlacesView

Störm Poorun noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 30 13:15:15 GMT 2018

spoorun added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7700#145121, @emmanuelp wrote:

  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7700#144819, @nicolasfella wrote:
  >
  > > What do you think would be a reasonable number of tags? 5, 10, 20, ..? Make it configurable?
  >

  > Please avoid configurable options as much as possible ;)
  >
  > It seems that there is already a consensus about a reasonable number of tags -> so 8 ;)

  I disagree. In my organisation we use tags, instead of folders. We only want to see the tags panel. We don't want to have to click 'see more' each time.

  Adding a discrete configuration option in loses nothing and gains everything for those who regularly use tags as a means of semantic organisation (better than folders).

  Please at least have a configurable number shown option (including show all).

  We don't restrict the number of folders shown in the other panels!

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin