D9826: [dolphin] Let users search everywhere

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 11 17:20:27 GMT 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  I think wanting to use a GUI search tool to look through all of / actually //is// fairly rare--though I think we should expose the capability anyway for those who want it. The issue is that for users who //do//want to only search their home folders, this patch makes it more difficult, because they no longer have an option to search ~ from a folder that's not ~ without searching through all of /, which will make the search take much longer.

  How about also adding a third option to limit it to the home directory? That way you would have three options for where the search takes place:

  - The current directory
  - The user's home directory
  - All of /

  What do you think?