D9701: Info panel and tooltips: Concise date display

Michael Heidelbach noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 6 16:10:15 GMT 2018

michaelh created this revision.
michaelh added a reviewer: Dolphin.
michaelh added projects: Dolphin, KDE Applications.
michaelh requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  I'd like to suggest to display the modified date more concisely.

  Unless I make the info panel really wide it often looks like this:
  F5624874: day-9-old.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5624874>
  Usabilty issues:

  1. I have to *read* those 3 lines to extract the info
  2. The tags-row tends to jump up and down while hovering over the files.
  3. Timezone info is useless for me
  4. Weekday info is useless for me for files older than a few days

  It's a matter of personal preference but I find this
  F5624891: day-9-new.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5624891>
  and this
  F5624892: day-7-new.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5624892>
  much more pleasing.

TEST PLAN
  compile baloo-widgets, run dolphin

  $ touch now
  $ for i in {1..35}; do touch -d "now -$i days" day-$i; done
  $ for i in {1..35}; do touch -d "now -$i months" month-$i; done
  date display

REPOSITORY
  R824 Baloo Widgets

BRANCH