D9664: infopanel fully resizable

Michael Heidelbach noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 5 19:14:44 GMT 2018

michaelh added a comment.

  Ok I'll consolidate my ideas a little and present them to him.

  For real now:
  End of last year I started with

    kdesrc-build --include-dependencies dolphin kate baloo kfilemetadata

  to fetch and compile the code. That took 4 hours (make -j1) - it's an old machine
  Two days later (I'm on tumbleweed) I made the "mistake" to do

    zypper dup

  which updated Qt and I had to go through the whole procedure (4h!) again.

  There must be a way to isolate the building environment from the rest of the system.
  But not only I want that. I also want to *use* the patched software. In case of my first dolphin patch linking the compile into /usr/local/bin was sufficient. But guess that was luck.
  I did not find any KDE-specific doc on how to set things up in a sane way.
  Is there? Otherwise would you please give some hints? Because I'm afraid things might get nasty when touching kfilemetadata.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin

BRANCH
  infopanel (branched from Applications/17.12)