D10698: Adds a new RenameDialog to Dolphin with more options for batch renaming

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 20 21:08:13 GMT 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  Nice! I do very much like the idea of improving Dolphin's batch-rename dialog, as the current one is mostly useless except for one specific use case.

  For UI inspiration, you might have a look at Nautilus, which I believe has a really nice, powerful, user-friendly batch-rename dialog.

  Always using inline rename for renaming a single file makes sense to me, as it's how every other file browser on every other platform does it. Even if we don't do that, I think it makes sense to continue showing the simple rename dialog for the non-inline-rename-a-single-file use case.

  Also, I would make sure that the "Use Regex" checkbox is unchecked by default (and maybe it should use the full term with more descriptiveness, i.e. "Use regular expressions matching" or "Match regular expressions")

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin