D10558: Also use standard keyboard shortcut for "show/hide hidden files"

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Feb 17 16:36:02 GMT 2018

elvisangelaccio added a comment.

  In D10558#207951 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10558#207951>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Thanks! I was thinking of putting Ctrl+H first because that's what people will see when they first go looking for the feature in the menus.

  Well, either you already know the CTRL+H shortcut (and you will just use it), or you don't and you probably won't care about which shortcut will be visible in the menu.

  > This way, It will even //look// consistent across all Linux file managers, and consistency is good.

  It will be consistent with GTK file managers, at most. What about macOS users? (they are used to `CMD+Shift+.`).
  Also it's debatable whether CTRL+H should be considered the "standard" shortcut for hidden files. CTRL+H means "show history" in Web Browsers. Krusader uses it for the same purpose.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin