D10085: Faster drag&drop in directories with thousands of files

Mark Gaiser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Feb 2 23:30:57 GMT 2018

markg added a comment.

  https://p.sc2.nl/S1yjzuGUz (hacked together, test thoroughly please)
  Down to 5000 aka, the base testcase, it cannot go down further :) (did i just make it ~8 times faster? hehe)
  And i'm using the QDropEvent isAccepted function now to prevent another call to urlListMatchesUrl.

  I had to change DolphinView::slotItemDropEvent where a QDropEvent is constructed from a QGraphicsSceneDragDropEvent to include whatever the accepted state was.
  I only did it there, you'd have to look over all occurrences of "DragAndDropHelper::dropUrls" to make sure the QDropEvent that is passed in has the accepted value (only an issue if that event is manually re-created from some other event).

  Have fun with the patch :)
  Now i'm going to dive into the KIO side of this.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin