D15138: Consider all thumbnailers for tooltip previews

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 29 14:43:35 BST 2018

ngraham accepted this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  IMHO, not everything always needs a setting; we should consider the user's //intentions// based on their actions, too. Since tooltips are off by default, what is the profile of the user who turns them on? This is a person who likes to see as much information about their files as possible, but contextually. I think it makes a lot of sense that this person would prefer a preview of their text files' contents over a huge icon.

  For that matter, the same logic applies to the Information Panel, so I would support also always showing all previews there too

  If we get complaints (which I doubt), we can always later add a checkbox under the Previews list saying something like "Always show all previews in Tooltips and Information Panel" that defaults to on.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin