D15138: Consider all thumbnailers for tooltip previews

Mark Gaiser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 29 10:40:04 BST 2018

markg added a comment.

  In D15138#317083 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15138#317083>, @broulik wrote:

  > > I don't think we should want that.
  >
  > Why not? The tooltip is shown on-demand when you hover a file for a while. There you get more information when the thumbnailer is available. Just showing a bigger file icon makes no sense for the tooltip.

  I would "expect" that the thumbnailers I explicitly enable in the settings are used for, well, thumbnails. Wherever they are used. Previews are thumbnails so the expectation is the same.

  >> Unless it would be a setting to let the tooltip preview use all available thumbnailers.
  >
  > Please no stupid setting

  It could be a simple checkbox where you select the thumbnailers:
  [   ] Use enabled thumbnailers fot tooltip previews

  Or something alike. But i agree, a setting would not be the preferred way.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin