D15071: Don't draw frames and shadows around images with transparency

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 27 16:57:01 BST 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D15071#316156 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15071#316156>, @bruns wrote:

  > If we want to avoid **dangerous** confusion, we should not care for previews, but mark executables.

  This seems like an excellent idea to me. It would improve safety even without this patch.

  In addition, maybe we could also consider badging thumbnails with the icon of the app that will open them when clicked.

  (both material for different patches of course)

INLINE COMMENTS

> anthonyfieroni wrote in kfilepreviewgenerator.cpp:945
> Maybe you should add case when it has an alpha but it's nulll.

`hasAlpha()` already seems to check for that, in fact: it returns false for images that have an alpha channel but no transparency.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO