D15071: Don't draw frames and shadows around images with transparency

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Aug 26 23:07:21 BST 2018

broulik added a comment.

  I'm a bit concerned that removing the frame most of the time blurs the lines between "previews of images" and "actual file icons", especially for the SVG case.

  Now they all look like proper file icons rather than previews of the file's contents. I can see that an EXE "thumbnail" is a proper file icon but in many other cases it's misleading.

  Why did the `ThumbCreator` frame flag get deprecated in the first place?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO