D14442: Unify window and tab title

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Aug 26 15:04:50 BST 2018

elvisangelaccio reopened this revision.
elvisangelaccio added a comment.

  Has anyone actually tried this patch? If I right-click my Trash place and I open it in a new tab, the new tab has the trash icon but the current (!) window title as tab title. I'm pretty sure this is not what we want.

  In D14442#305753 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14442#305753>, @hallas wrote:

  > Removes the 'path - ' stuff from the window title. Previously Dolphin would use
  >  'scheme/host - path' as the window title for non local URLs, this is not the
  >  most user friendly thing to use. Instead the following algoithm is used for
  >  non local URLs:
  >
  > - If fileName is non empty use that
  > - If path is non empty and not "/" use that
  > - If host is non empty use that
  > - Use the URL
  >
  >   If GeneralSettings::showFullPathInTitlebar is true, then the full URL is used.
  >
  >   I would really like to have used the "Pretty Name" from the UDSEntry of the current URL, but it is not easily available. I have tried to retrive it using KIO::stat but not all protocols handle this very well, i.e. remote protocol.

  This description should be part of the commit message, not hidden among phabricator comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dolphintabwidget.h:194
>      /**
>       * Returns the name of the tab for the URL \a url.
>       */

Please fix the apidox, there is no `url` argument anymore.

> dolphinviewcontainer.h:144
> +     */
> +    QString getCaption() const;
> +

We don't use `getXXX()` for getters in Qt/KDE, just call it `caption()`.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin

BRANCH
  unify_window_and_tab_title