D15071: Don't draw frames and shadows around images with an alpha channel

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Aug 25 17:13:12 BST 2018

ngraham added a subscriber: markg.
ngraham added a comment.

  @bruns, done.

  @broulik, @markg I too was concerned about the case of images that have an alpha channel but not actual transparency. I did not actually have any images on my computer that had an alpha channel but no transparency, so I made one with GIMP: I took a PNG with an alpha channel and transparency and I cropped it to remove all the transparency, but I left the alpha channel. I then made another version of the same image that has no alpha channel. Both are correctly seen as not having any transparency and given a frame. See the two top-left images:

  F6215000: Alpha but no transparency.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6215000>

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO