kio_man

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Fri Aug 24 16:38:07 BST 2018

On Freitag, 24. August 2018 17:20:14 CEST Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Martin Koller ha scritto:
> > On Freitag, 24. August 2018 14:39:45 CEST Luigi Toscano wrote:
> >> For example, I would not apply blindly "Do not use KEncodingProber -
> >> it gives false results; Try dirname or UTF8" for two good reasons
> >> (KEcondingProber should be fixed, and the improvements in Qt5).
> >
> > First step is to bring my commits from the old repo to the new one - with
> > the least changes.
> > The first of them shows that the problem with KEcondingProber still exists.
> > What improvements in Qt5 are you thinking about which would help here ?
>
> Uhm, the question is more: shouldn't KEncodingProber be fixed instead?

Since the original commit was more than just getting rid of KEncodingProber
(in fact the few codelines using KEncodingProber are still there in a comment
describing that I wanted to use it ...),
I'll forward port the commit from the old repo and will have a look into
KEncodingProber after I'm done with the fwd-porting.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at