D14770: Generate file thumbnails before folder thumbnails

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Aug 12 15:52:08 BST 2018

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Dolphin, elvisangelaccio, VDG.
Restricted Application added a project: Dolphin.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: kfm-devel.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  File thumbnails are usually a lot more prominent and quicker to be generated. We shouldn't stall generating the file thumbnails on generating some tiny folder thumbnails that might take a while since it may recurse into subdirectories.

TEST PLAN
  - Opened my pictures folder, had my picture thumbnails show up immediately, it took a couple of seconds, though, for it to start generating the folder thumbnails again, so not sure if this is optimal?

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin

AFFECTED FILES
  src/kitemviews/kfileitemmodelrolesupdater.cpp